Artsmark is a national award scheme managed by Arts Council England that recognises schools with a high level of provision in the arts. The award scheme is open to all schools in England - primary, secondary, special schools and pupil referral units, both maintained and independent.
By gaining an Artsmark, a school shows its commitment to the wider development of young people and teachers and to raising the profile of the arts in the school and local community.
The South West Arts Education Partnership offers support to schools in the following ways:
- Information and guidance - briefings, staff meetings
- Curriculum and arts policy advice
- Links to arts sector partners
- Support during application process - 1:1 surgeries and phone/email support
- Celebration events
- Collation, analysis and dissemination of Artsmark results
If you would like to know more, visit the Artsmark website in the first instance. You can contact your arts education partnership for details of activity and support available locally.