Support for Creative Industries
According to the DCMS the UK Creative Industries UK export is 16 billion - the largest creative economy in the world. 8 out of 10 albums in the US chart are British.
The Creative Industries are growing fast across the south west region. artsedSW is passionate about working with artists, arts and cultural organisations and businesses to make the South West a fantastic place for young people to experience and work in the industry. We do this by:
- Getting involved with Creative & Media 14-19 vocational education to make links between young people and arts professionals so ‘real’ work related learning can happen, including helping run festivals and campaigns, creating websites and exciting promotional material, running workshops in schools or arts venues, designing and operating lighting and sound for events, recording and documenting events, responding to artists’ briefs
- Introducing young people to the vast range of exciting and contemporary career pathways across the arts and media industries
- Running practical careers and ‘taster’ events for young people in arts venues
- Offering work placements and volunteering opportunities for young people
- Co-ordinating placements for staff to experience and be inspired by the latest industry practice
To find out more contact your local arts education partnership.